Prioritizing citizen complaints first, the division responds to referrals from:
- City Police
- County Health and Building Departments
- Fire District Number 1
- State Department of Human Services
The Division also responds to observation of violations while on patrol. Violators are encouraged, through personal contact, warning letters or notices left at their door, to voluntarily comply. Failing that, the Division may abate the violation and charge the property owner for the costs, invoke Enforcement Fees or issue citations. Compliance and abatement of these violations improve Public Health and Safety, the appearance of neighborhoods, and the image of Klamath Falls. Code Enforcement works closely with County, State, and Federal Agencies as well as community based Organizations.
To learn more about the Code Enforcement process, view the Code Enforcement Flowchart (PDF).
City Code & Charter
This location contains the 1980 Ordinance Code as adopted by Ordinance 6288 and as amended by the City Council since 1980 and the Charter of the City of Klamath Falls. The Code was initially enacted as a single ordinance, to replace all of the general ordinances of the City enacted up to May 5, 1980, except those reserved from repeal by KFC 1.065 and the adopting Ordinance. The Code consolidates the provisions of general ordinances that the City has enacted since 1962, plus all subsequent revisions by the City Council.
The preparation of the Code in 1980 involved several steps. All the recorded Ordinances of the City which were enacted since the revisions to the 1962 Code took effect, were reviewed and classified as either general or special. All regulatory Ordinances and all Ordinances of continuing application which related to administrative organization and procedures were classified as general ordinances. Ordinances relating to specific actions, projects, franchises, and contracts were classified as special ordinances and are on file in the office of the Recorder. The current City Code includes all amendments adopted by the City Council to date.
- Chapter 1 - General Provisions 1 (PDF)
- Chapter 2 - Government and Administration (PDF)
- Chapter 3 - Public Improvement 3.7 (PDF)
- Chapter 4 - Public Utilities and Services 4.1 (PDF)
- Chapter 5 - Public Protection 5.3 and 5.6 (PDF)
- Chapter 6 - Traffic and Parking 6.1 and 6.3 and 6.6 (PDF)
- Chapter 7 - Business 7.1 (PDF)
- Chapter 8 - Building and Fire Protection 8.025, 8.400, 8.150, 8.110, 8.800 (PDF)
- Chapter 9 - Parks, Recreation and Cemeteries (PDF)
- City Code Index (PDF)